SCRIPT-NC is funded by the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) at the U.S. Department of Education to work with community college early childhood programs in North Carolina to assess, enhance, and redesign courses to better prepare pre-service early childhood practitioners to meet the needs of children in their communities. The focus is on incorporating evidence-based practices, the specific educational programs and intervention strategies that have been validated through research, into the courses and syllabi.
Community College Partners
SCRIPT-NC is currently working with three community colleges in North Carolina to assess, enhance, and redesign courses to better prepare pre-service early childhood educators to meet the needs of all children in their communities, including children with disabilities and children who are culturally and linguistically diverse and their families. The focus is on incorporating evidence-based practices, the specific educational programs and intervention strategies that have been validated through research, into the program, courses, and syllabi.
Our Community College Partners
SCRIPT-NC is guided by the wisdom and experience of many North Carolina agencies and leaders. The members of the Advisory Board are leaders in the fields of early childhood, early intervention, and related services. They bring early childhood, early intervention, and related services expertise in higher education and professional development, inclusion, collaboration, families, and diversity.
Advisory Board Members
- Harriet Able, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Katherine Allen, Blue Ridge Community College
- Tracey Benett, Vance-Granville Community College
- Brenda Blackburn, Blue Ridge Community College
- Cindy Broadway, Child Care Resources
- Sharon Carter, Davidson Community College
- Maggie Connolly, Child Care Services Association
- Karen McKnight, NC Head Start - State Collaboration Office
- Ronda Hawkins, Sandhills Community College
- Christie Honeycutt, Stanly Community College
- Vivian James, NC Department of Public Instruction
- Lisa Eads, North Carolina Community College System
- Mary Olvera, Surrey Community College, Past President NC ACCESS
- Sharon Little, South Piedmont Community Collegenity College
- Dore LaForrett, FPG Child Development Institute
- Sherri Williams, North Carolina Early Learning Network